BY MAKING A BOOKING YOU AGREE TO OUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
- Check-in is available from 1pm until 11pm.
If you are arriving after 11pm please contact us to see if it is possible.
Please check-in at Kennedy’s Bar & Restaurant, next door to The Fort York.
- Rooms are available from 1pm on the day of arrival; however you are welcome to drop off any luggage in the morning.
- We require a form of valid photo identification upon check in, e.g. a passport, or driving license. Student cards are not accepted as valid ID.
- Upon check-in guests will receive a room key for access to their room. A deposit of £15.00 is required for each key, this is refundable on departure when the key is returned.
- Due to our location in the very centre of the historic city, we do not have on-site car parking. There are lots of city centre car parks only a short walk away.
- Departing guests must remove all their belongings from their room, and check out, before 10am. After this time guests may make use of the luggage storage facilities but all possessions must be removed from the room and the room key handed back to reception.
- Late check-outs will incur a charge of an additional night.
- We may use third-party service providers to process your personal information on our behalf for the purposes of this booking. For example, we may share some information about you with these third parties so that they can contact you directly by email (for example: to obtain post stay reviews about your travel experience).
- No animals are allowed in The Fort York except guide dogs.
- For all bookings (i.e. telephone, email, or walk-ins), we will require valid credit/debit card details matching the name on the reservation when making your reservation. This will guarantee your booking.
- All payments must be made in Pound Sterling.
- We offer no credit facilities. All payments must be paid in accordance with the conditions.
We do not accept cheques.
The balance owing will be due in full upon arrival, either by debit/credit card or cash.
- Full payment is required at time of booking. The Fort York will charge your card shortly after the reservation is made.
- Only when full payment is received is the reservation guaranteed.
Advance purchase/non-refundable bookings are non-refundable, non-cancellable and non-transferable.
If any payment under these terms and conditions are not met, then without prejudice to our other rights and remedies we may cancel your booking; and/or we may suspend the supply and/or deliveries of any other services provided to you by us. We will however inform you in writing prior to any such action.
- We have a 48 hour cancellation policy. All notifications to cancel must be made by 1pm, 48 hours prior to arrival. The guest can cancel free of charge until 48 hours before check-in time. The guest will be charged the total price if they cancel in the 48 hours before arrival. Advance purchase/non-refundable bookings are non-refundable, non-cancellable and non-transferable.
- Any amendments to your bookings must be made at least 48 hrs prior to arrival.
- We will try and accommodate your amendments subject to availability.
- Cancellations are required to be in writing, in the form of an email to: email@example.com
- No cancellation will be accepted by telephone.
- Early departures are not eligible for refund under any circumstances.
In the case of a late departure (after 10am), The Fort York reserves the right to charge for a further nights stay at the appropriate rack rate of the bed(s).
AGE RESTRICTION & ROOM ALLOCATION
- Bookings cannot be accepted from any person under the age of 16 unless they are accompanied by an adult (over 18) who is staying in the same dorm/room.
- Families with children under the age of 16yrs are welcome, however they must book and pay for all beds in order to make the room private (i.e. in the case of 6 bedded dorms or larger). Alternatively we have 2 bedded private rooms available, subject to availability.
- As we are in the city centre, The Fort York can be quite lively at the weekends, it is advisable not to bring anyone under 18 on a Friday or Saturday.
- At The Fort York we take great care to allocate beds in a way we think will be best for each customers booking. Please note that when making your booking online, there may be occasions when it might not be possible to allocate all guests in the same room. Please contact us by phone on +(44) 1904 620222/639573 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org with the booking reference and we will be able to inform you if this is the case.
- The comfort, safety and security of our guests is of paramount importance. Guests are expected to respect other guests, staff, local residents and property. We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of any compensation paid out to other guests, staff or local residents which was a direct result of any misconduct or behaviour. Should this come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
- Any guest(s) who, in the opinion of our staff, compromise the comfort, safety or security of other guests, staff or local residents will be requested to leave the premises and will not be offered a refund.
- We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of rectifying damage, caused by the deliberate, negligent or reckless act of the guest to The Fort York’s property or structure. Should this damage come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guest’s credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address. We will however make every effort to rectify any damage internally prior to contracting specialists to make the repairs, and therefore will make every effort to keep any costs that the guest would incur to a minimum.
- We reserve the right to charge guests the cost of replacing any items that are removed from the premises by them without consent. The charge will be the full replacement amount of the missing item, including any carriage charges. Should the fact that the item is missing come to light after the guest has departed, we reserve the right to make a charge to the guests credit / debit card, or send an invoice for the amount to the registered address.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere within the The Fort York premises. Any guest found smoking within the building will be charged a fee of £200.00 in order to cover the extensive cost of restoring the room to a smoke-free condition. Further failure to comply will result in the guest(s) being asked to leave the premises immediately and will not be offered a refund.
- Please leave the rooms as you found them. We don’t need you to strip the beds, but please wash up and put all rubbish in the bins provided. Each room will be thoroughly checked after your departure.
- Guests will be expected to reimburse The Fort York for any damages caused by inappropriate behaviour during their stay.
Guests are asked to use the secure lockers provided or the luggage store. It is the guest’s responsibility to ensure that their personal belongings are secure at all times. The Fort York accepts no liability for the loss, theft or damage to property however sustained or caused.
The Fort York shall only store and use information you supply to us or which is supplied to us for the purposes of carrying out our contract with you and to inform you of other services and offers which we make available from time to time. If you do not wish to receive such information please let us know by emailing us at: email@example.com or by writing to us at The Fort York, 1 Little Stonegate, York, YO1 8AX.
OVERSIGHTS & ERRORS
Any oversights or errors in sales literature, web pages or site, order form, quotation, price list, order acknowledgement, invoice or other document issued by us may be corrected by us without liability. We will advise you of any changes at the time of booking or as soon as is reasonably possible thereafter.
All bookings are subject to availability and The Fort York reserves the right to decline any booking at its discretion.